Internship positions in the AdQuanta lab for summer 2021
Computational effective field theory
- Become an expert in a recently developed computational tool, which was originally made for applications in quantum field theory.
- Apply this computational tool for problems in quantum electrodynamics.
- Contribute to the code and develop computational capabilities for future research in our lab.
- Proficiency in Mathematica
- A very high grade in the course Analytical Mechanics
- Experience with covariant vector and tensor calculations
- Experience in developing coding infrastructures
- Advanced courses in quantum mechanics and especially quantum field theory
Optimization algorithms for the generation and control of quantum light
- Learn the gradient-descent optimization packages used in quantum optics.
- Develop our group’s code for superradiance.
- Contribute to numerical methods focusing on creating quantum states of light, aiming to create the infrastructure code to be used in future projects.
- Build the algorithm for optimizing the superradiance process in a way that controls the emitted light statistics, aiming at a cat state, GKP state, and other exotic quantum states of light.
- Experience in the programming language Python or Julia
- High grades in basic courses in quantum mechanics and optics
- Background in quantum optics
- Proficiency in machine learning
Graduate and postdoc opportunities in a newly established research group
Our group is always open for excellent and enthusiastic students who are interested in solving challenging problems in physics, math, electrical engineering, or material science.
The research involves both theory and experiments, but is flexible enough to be focused on either full-time experimental work, or purely advanced theory.
Do you have?
– Excellent analytical abilities and a love of mathematics
– … and/or a hands-on approach to experiments, and eager to build challenging new experimental setups that does not exist anywhere else in Israel
Then come work with us or help circulate it to anyone interested.
About the Technion
The Technion – Israel Institute of Technology was founded in 1912, and has been pioneering Israel’s science and engineering ever since. The Technion’s unique culture has brought it to be ranked among the leading technological universities in the world. Technion alumni are also the main resource of Israel’s start-up economy, making Israel the 2nd most innovative country in the world. Our researchers have won many prestigious international awards over the years, including three Nobel prizes in this century placing it number 10 in the world.
The Technion is located in the city of Haifa. Having the green forests of Mount Carmel next to the sandy beaches make Haifa one of the most beautiful cities in the country. Haifa is the quintessential example of a multicultural city where Jews, Christians, and Muslims live alongside each other in peace. The small size of Israel makes Tel-Aviv, Jerusalem and other interesting sites just a short trip away.